Thursday, January 31, 2008

Pukeville.....

We're through our second round of the stomach nastiness of the winter. Monday wasn't fun for anyone. Thankfully, Noah was the only one that barfed. Tyler's fever kept him on the couch all day, and I wondered if I should feel guilty about enjoying the quietness, even though it was sickness-induced...

Anyway, Noah was down for the count in his bed, having a nap, when all of a sudden, I heard, "Moooooom!" in that weird, unmistakeably, I just puked voice. So, up the stairs I go, to find everything, and I mean everything, covered in puke. Poor Noah was sitting amidst it all, crying, covered in it, and looking about as pathetic as I've ever seen him look. So off to the bathroom we go. As I was hosing him off with the shower, I said, "I'll get you some clothes in a second, buddy, okay?" He said, through a sob, "Do I have to wear the same ones, Mom?"

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Never...I repeat NEVER feel guilty about enjoying peace and quiet, no matter how it comes. Mothers of more than two kids have to take it anyway we can!! :)