Sunday, September 7, 2008

Noah's thoughts/thoughtfulness

Our sweet 5 year old.

We did some singing before bed tonight, starting with a few that he knew from Sunday school, and ending with Jesus Loves Me. As we sang, "Jesus loves me, this I know" he interjected with a contended sigh, "This is the best song ever."

As I scratched his back (a nightly ritual since he's been about 3 years old- sorry to whoever his future wife is :)), I got up to leave, and he asked for the first time in 2 years, "Do you want me to scratch YOUR back, Mom?"

2 comments:

Mindy said...

aw...his wife will curse you...lol. i know because i LOVE to have my back scratched, it's a must for me to be able to fall asleep. the problem is that marlon goes to be wayyyyy before me, so I actually have to wake him up to scratch my back! but the sweet thing does. so tell him to find a wife with similar sleeping patterns and it won't frustrate her so much!
yay for finally posting :)

Litany said...

That is way sweet! Isn't it funny the way children are naturally thoughtful. Way to go Mom his future wife will just have to deal with fact that her husband was raised to be so sweet that she gets a back rub every now and then. jj Great story!